Johnson & Jennings features a unique business model based on teamwork and the entrepreneurial spirit.
Adapting this approach, each project manager is instrumental in securing, estimating and managing their respective projects – culminating in cohesive teams dedicated to growth through long term relationships. To further ensure a project’s success, team members are carefully matched to individual projects. In short, we make sure that the right team takes on the right project – and we work hard to align everything from expertise to personality. The end result is a relationship of client and contractor built on commonalities, collaboration and experience – perfectly poised for success.
J&J can provide preliminary services to help our clients pre-plan. Our services are comprehensive and include the following:
- Capital expenditures
- Fiscal year planning
- Test fits
- Market or product viability
- Constructability analysis
- Site suitability
- Building or site process evaluation
- HVAC/ plumbing/ electrical systems assessments
- Development of master CPM schedule
- Schedule cost loading /cash flow analysi
At J&J we enjoy sharing our knowledge and expertise to help move a deal forward or provide a creative solution for constructability challenges.
- Maintain an extensive prequalified subcontractor/vendor base which provides us the lowest and best qualified pricing.
- Engage with key vendors early in the bid process to ensure timely pricing and thorough understanding of deliverables.
- Nurture local and regional relationships.
- Our project management teams have the experience to break down project details and source the correct vendors for the correct tasks on each and every project.
- Four decades of company buying power.
- Collaboration within our organization and with external partners ensures all elements are covered for successful results, which translates to cost savings for our clients.
- Streamlined bidding and pricing practices.
- Transparent on costs and project solutions.
- Relevant and practical approaches to meeting project specifications.
J&J is well suited to this highly collaborative effort which expedites the design and construction process and creates a collective team composed of the general contractor, architect and engineers. Our corporate pillars – transparency, team-centric, relationship focused and team empowerment – are parallel to the design-build and design-assist method which engages the client throughout the decision-making process and provides an open book environment to create the overall best value for the project. Additionally, at J&J we have meticulously built our internal team to include several project managers with strong architecture and design backgrounds – adding an additional layer of understanding and cohesiveness to any design-build project our J&J teams are a part of.
J&J prefers to get involved in a project early, typically during the design and planning phase. This allows us to bring our construction expertise to the table well before the start of construction. Throughout this process, we work hand in hand with the client and architect to ensure the final design, schedule and cost of work are completely consistent with the owner’s project objectives. Utilizing our services listed below during the important preconstruction phase minimizes both owner risk and the chance of unexpected surprises.
- Site survey
- Systems analysis
- Design-build options
- Constructability review
- Value engineering
- Comprehensive subcontractor and vendor pricing
- Identification of product availability and potential long lead items
- Bid abstracts
- Schedule development
- Permit tracking
At J&J, we place a strong emphasis on selecting the right team for each client and project. Our promise to you: a knowledgeable team that is committed to your project every step of the way.
Our project managers estimate their own work which translates into a seamless process – from project inception to completion.
Once preconstruction is finalized, permits are secured and on-site activities commence. Construction services encompass weekly project meetings, management of critical path schedule, cost control, cash flow forecasting, project accounting, insurance monitoring, site safety compliance and other crucial risk management project controls.
Each project has its own unique set of parameters, which can include security protocol, operational hours, facility rules & regulations, safety compliance, IT interface and the protection of proprietary physical and intellectual property. As a strategic partner, we work hand in hand with our clients to help identify their unique project variables and to carefully coordinate those aspects throughout the course of construction.
JOIN THE TEAM
As we continue to grow and expand our services, we are always looking for new faces with fresh ideas. Contact us today if you are interested in working for our firm. We are proud to have created a dynamic, relationship-drive work environment that allows our employees to harness their ingenuity and utilize their talents so they can be the very best at what they do.